Well, it must be a sure thing that you all would have used and edited your photos through the photoshop, the world best and common picture editing software. You can have plenty of features and many of the functioning that can be done to your pictures and you can even bring the existence or the non-existence to the elements in the picture you are supposed to edit. All the thing that matters in adobe’s software is that it could be much expensive for the users and may fall short of purchasing it and using, due to which many users look for the alternatives for the photoshop the photo editor. Here we are with the 12 best alternative for the adobe photoshop for all platforms including windows, android devices or who wants to do it online can also do, just have a look to the alternatives and choose what is best for you.
- 1 Online Photoshop Alternatives
- 2 Photoshop alternative for android and iOS
- 3 Free Photoshop Alternatives
- 4 Paid Photoshop Alternative
Online Photoshop Alternatives
When there are the talks about the online photo editor, then Pixlr plays the vital role in bringing life to the editing feature for the users. Pixlr offers the best features to the users that would be loved by the photoshop users, you are provided with the history tool which has been missing from many alternatives you will go through, and the tool that may be the best part for you in this online platform is the healing tool which may heals the problem on a single click. In total, this tool is basically the option that can be considered for a quick on-the-go edit that can be performed anywhere just requiring the internet connection. Moreover that the tool comes with the support for layers and blending modes which then offers you prominent ways to edit the photos on a click.
- As it is available online then can be used from any platform.
- Comes with amazing tools i.e. History tools and healing tool.
- Also it supports layers and blending mode.
- You cannot locate through pen.
- Less compatible in comparison to photoshop.
- No guide tour is provided.
- Behind a paywall you can look for PDF, PSD and sketch formats as supportives.
Another software that is available online to you for the purpose of editing pictures is Sumo paints. You can have the simple and direct photo editor with so less complexity than Photoshop but it offers nice amount of photoshop features and when accessed to the pro version you can get all the features locked. But for this point you have to pay, unless the free version available will be the best for the users. The most useful thing in any photo editor would be the grids and scale that offers the accuracy in the process. All you can perform the tasks with the in trend version of every update as it offers very simple interface and can be used very easily.
- Available online so it can be used on any system.
- Lot of effects and features are plugged in.
- Basic tools that can edit to advance level.
- You have to pay for unlocking some basic tools too.
- Interface update is limited to some extent.
- You cannot locate through pen on the picture.
- Supports limited file.
Well, if you are in search of something more good and simple than Pixlr and Sumo paints than PicMonkey must be your type. It is the simplified version with photoshop tools and some are locked behind the paywall as you will require to pay for accessing those features. The lack behind side of the picMonkey is the slow response which could be irritating sometimes and This could be the biggest mistake in the online service provider. No matter you have to pay to subscribe for that pro version to unlock the premium features.
- Layer support is available.
- Exciting effects and features.
- New fonts are available.
- Gets slow many times
- Taking image output is difficult task.
Photoshop alternative for android and iOS
Photowizard is one of the most powerful application in the iOS platform that helps the user using any device supporting the iOS in editing the pictures. This application doesn’t allows the user to bring add layers but can be considered as the most prominent tool for the iPhone, iPad, Mac users also. If you are dealing with the Iphones and want to have your apps edited inclusive of histogram, motion blur, curve editing gaussian blur and masking, masking is considered as the best of the feature only available freely in the iOS as no other OS offers the masking as the free version feature you all have to pay to get this feature accessible. Only works with the iphones and the software transformed as the iOS hence you can decide what is best fro you.
- Inclusive of support of the feature of curve editing and the masking.
- Very easy user-interface.
- Can be considered as the package of features for iOS devices.
- Doesn’t supports layer.
- Easy user-interface update is limited to some extend.
Multi layer (Android)
For the tasks to be done in android for the purpose of editing apps then you can consider Multi-Layer as the best option in the android. As the android is considered to be the ocean of the applications, hence you can find various applications to edit apps but among them you can take Multi-layer as the best fo the app which is loaded with variety of features and all the features are available for free instead of some features which are to be considered as available in the premium version available for rs.200. Features that are included in the version is that you can add layers and grid to the pic and even you are proposed with the blending modes which then realistically offers an amazing experience in editing pictures and offers a great output.
- A full package if features.
- Inclusive with the option of adding layers and blending modes.
- Grid support is also there.
- User can be confused through the interface available.
- Only JPG and PNG support is there.
- Ads can be irritating while using the free version.
Free Photoshop Alternatives
If an alternative is available for free to any user with the same features as of the application for which we have to pay to get the features on to our pictures then the application Krita is best for you. You can have all those features that are loaded on the premium version of the photoshop and moreover that you can have the similar experience that is of the photoshop in contrast to the looks, the toolbar and all the substances that are used to edit your picture. All these features and the things are available for free to the users, you can get confused with the user-interface but it is what liked by many users of the photoshop. Not only in terms of the features but it has been advised by the many users of the online forums that Krita is best free app for the purpose of editing pictures.
- Supports the drawing pen and the tablet.
- Rulers and guide tour is available for avoiding the confusion.
- Lots of features, effects and templates for various projects.
- Cannot take you to the history.
- No filter to RAW the camera.
- Tool of adding text to the picture is not as per photoshop quality.
- If the image is of larger then the app may lag in functioning.
Can be considered as the most featuristic and highly recommended application as the alternative for the photoshop , i.e. GIMP or called as GNU image manipulation program can be taken as the part for editing images and in many cases it is the most annoying software in the categories of photo editing. When you are looking to switch between the pens and the brushes the application starts creating the problem and not only this there are many problems and many issues that are noted after the installation of the software. In the other scenario you can have almost all those features that are to be possessed by the photo editing application. As the application is available for free though it seems to be as much irritating as much it is considered to be helpful.
- Can be presented as the bunch of features with layers and blending mode.
- Ruler and guide support is available.
- Image slicing and can easily locate the history.
- User-interface update is considered as limited.
- Camera RAW filter is unavailable.
- Finding tools os difficult and text tool also creates problem in the application.
When you find the upgraded version of MS paint and get t to se it for the purpose of editing pictures you call it Paint.NET as it consist of various features commonly available in the photoshop and appearance is just like the paint. Considering it as the alternative to the photoshop it is not as much powerful as we know the capability of the photoshop but for the case of having a light application to edit photos than it is the option you can have to choose. Paint.NET offers the layers with blending modes and can help you to undo the wrong with the help of the history tool available. A feature rich product, but cannot match the power to adobe’s amazing product.
- History tool presence with layers supporting the blending tool.
- An all rounder experience of features.
- Supports rulers and can manage ton of big files.
- User-interface update may be limited.
- Lacks in Guide tour.
- Camera RAW option is not available.
- You can’t locate the slice tool, healing tool and patch tool.
- You can’t auto snap the pics edited.
When looking an application for the beginners we can consider the SeaShore as an option and specially the beginner is a MacOS user, then this would be the best choice for him. Seashore comes with all the features that are commonly available with the photoshop and hence the important feature of supporting layers is also available. A term of supporting the pressure sensitivity can be done through this app if you are working with the sensitive tab or laptop so that it can handle the pressure edits. The user interface offered is outdated so you can work with all simple abilities.
- Layer feature supportive.
- Available for free.
- Supports the pressure sensitivity.
- UI is user-friendly.
- The user interface is outdated.
- Grid feature cannot be added to the pictures
- No effects and no much features.
Paid Photoshop Alternative
Affinity tool as per the name is the best paid alternative you would have in this list as it is as powerful as the photoshop is. This power of the application offers all the essential tools and features that are required to edit a pro version of the pic. The main feature of supporting the layer with blending modes and above that you can even locate the history tool and the healing tool which is the most important thing. A professional guide tour is offered that brings you the clearance so that it can be used accordingly. Well, the application is not free and neither cheap, you have to pay around rs 3999 once to own it for lifetime.
- Powerful alternative to photoshop.
- Includes pen tool, history tool, healing tool and many more.
- Also supportive to layers with blending modes, rulers and guide.
- Users can get confuse with the User-interface.
- Cannot support large number of files at a time.
Pixelmator is best in the list of the paid alternatives of the photoshop for the MacOS users as it all you can have in photoshop and if you have love for the developers and can pay for the premium features of the photoshop than pay for Pixelmator as it offers the best of all the features and supports for layers with the blending modes. The guide tour is so awesome that it can bring all the features including the tools and part of editing and exporting the high quality files to the system without any hindrance caused. You will easily fall in love with the interface of the application as it is the simple and sorted version of the photoshop. And yes you have to pay for it and $60 is the price for it.
- Full package of features.
- Supports all the tools slice, history and healing tool.
- The user version of the application is so amazing with line-up maintained by the apple.
- The user-interface is quitely different as per the other pic-editor.
- And lovers of photoshop may find it difficult to use.
- Beginners using the application may fall short.
Available for both the OS, PhotoLine is considered as the most reliable part where you can edit the pics with all intuitive features of the Photoshop and again if you want to pay for something professional than this the app for you. PhotoLine offers all the features you can have in the basic photoshop element. Supportive layers with the blending modes and the features necessary to edit a picture. It works for both android and mac OS hence you have to pay for it.
- Ruler support with the guide tour is there.
- Vector drawing is also new feature.
- Layer support with the blending tool is also important for file to get edited.
- Lacks in the tool features like pen tool, healing tool, history tool etc.
- A confusing appearance to toolbar is presented.
Well, this is the list all the categorised alternatives of the 12 best alternatives of Photoshop. I offered the discussion and research in 4 parts for android and iOS, free, paid and available online. I found this as a sorted way to look for your choice segment and the best alternative and the information you are looking for the alternative is presented there. Choose wisely and let us know your experience with that in the comment section below and if there is any other let us know that and stay connected by turning on the notification for any further notification on top updates.