Compare Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9
Samsung has launched Galaxy S9 in March 2018. If you missed our previous post about the Samsung Galaxy S9, you can read here Samsung Galaxy S9 Price, Features & SPECIFICATIONS
In this article, we are comparing the features and specifications between Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S9. Let’s dig into the comparison between Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S9.
Overview of Samsung Galaxy S8
The Samsung Galaxy S8 launched in 2017 was one its kind where the screen size is large, it was easy to hold the phone in one hand. The phone was designed to deliver absolute content and no bezel at all. It has the biggest screen among all the galaxy versions of Samsung.
The awesome screen forms an infinity display. It has an end to end screen which is divided into the phones’ sides. The glass surface is of pure and pristine material. The screen takes up entirely the front part of the phone and also comprises of an aluminium shell.
With the fast and high quality 12 MP back camera and 8 MP front camera, no moment is left uncaptured whether it be day or night.
With the introduction of the new iris scanner, the phone remains secure with all of your content inside of it. This means that the phone unlocks and the content is only visible when it gets unlocked by the iris of your eye, a specific thing which could not be replicated. On the other hand, if you want a faster unlock option, face recognition is also available.
This is one of the most powerful smartphones available in the market with IP 68. It allows the user to use his or her phone even in the rain and dust. Its 10 nm processor and huge battery life give it the utmost performance throughout the day. If you ever happen to think of running out of storage space then consider yourself using an external SD card to avoid such circumstance.
Another great feature of this phone is that Bixby assistant is there. It completely changes the way you handle your phone. It is a personal assistant who could understand your texts and taps wherever you need it for any purpose.
The convenience of using a wireless charger is also seeming-less in this regard.
Overview of Samsung Galaxy S9
The new Samsung galaxy s9 series of smartphone is all about its dual camera with dual aperture lens which allows the user to capture human eye like photos. It could automatically switch between dark and light conditions be it in the day and night.
The 1.5 aperture of the smartphone camera is able to take sharp photos even in the dimmest light and even in the night.
The super slow motion video playback is an exclusive feature of this smartphone.
The camera even has a feature of turning any of your selfies into emojis. The sharing of those real-life stickers, emojis and videos is easy and fun.
Real-time translation feature is available with this phone. Just point the camera towards the sentence or word that needs to be translated, it will do it without any hassle.
The face recognition and the iris scanner along with the fingerprint sensor on this phone makes it secure. It allows the device to unlock quickly as and when required by the user.
The phone has an edge to edge display, which allows the user to get a magnificent view of the phone’s screen.
An additional feature of having Dolby Atmos brings up the surround sound feature of the phone into the light.
Comparison Between Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9
- Both of these phones have an equivalent 2G and 3G network bands but there lies a difference with the 4G band where the s8 has an additional number of LTE bands namely, LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13 and so on and so forth.
- Both of these phones have GPRS and EDGE features. But the speed varies as 1200/200 MBPS in the Samsung Galaxy s9 series whereas it is of 1024/150 MBPS for the Samsung galaxy s8 series.
- The S9 was launched in 2018 February whereas the S8 was launched in March 2017.
- Both have these phones have gorilla glass 5 both in the front and on the back.
- Both of these have the advantage of dual sim cards where either one sim card and one SD card allowed or 2 sim cards are inserted at once allowing dual standby.
- They both have super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a screen size of 5.8 inches.
- The Operating system on the S9 is Android Oreo whereas in the S8 it is Android Nougat, which is again further upgradable to Android Oreo with a software upgrade.
- The chipset used in the Samsung Galaxy S9 is Exynos 9810 Octa-core processor worldwide or snapdragon 845 only in USA and China. In the Samsung Galaxy S8 consists of Exynos 8895 Octa-core processor worldwide or snapdragon 835 only in USA and China. This difference in the chipsets does bring in a huge quality difference in the performance of each of these devices.
- For the GPU, either Mali-G72 or Adreno 630 is used in the Samsung Galaxy S9, whereas, for the Samsung Galaxy S8, Mali-G71 or Adreno 540 is used.
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 allows an expandable memory of 400 GB whereas, the Samsung Galaxy S8 allows an expandable memory of 256 GB.
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 has a variation among 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB variants along with a powerful 4 GB RAM. For the Galaxy S8, it only comes with an internal memory of 64 GB memory with a 4 GB RAM.
- Both of these phones have the features of 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR and dual video recording.
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 USA and Canada variants have an extra feature of FM radio in the phone. Other models worldwide does not possess this feature.
- Whenever a benchmark performance is done with the Samsung Galaxy S9, it secures a value of 3329 whereas for the Samsung Galaxy S8 it is 3272.
- With the loudspeaker, the voice is of 68 DB, a noise of 74 DB and ringing volume of 81 DB with the S9 whereas voice is of 66 DB, noise is of 70 DB and ringing volume is of 72 DB with the S8 device.
- The Price range for the Samsung Galaxy S8 is 49000 INR or 530 EUR whereas for the S9 it is 65000 INR or 840 EUR.
Hope this article helps you to get understanding and the difference between Samsung Galaxy S8 and S9. Keep watching this space for more updates of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones.