Pan card is something very crucial for each and every individual. Now what is pan card? Pan card is termed as Permanent Account Number. It is an alphanumeric number i.e. made up of alphabets and numerical and is 10 digit long. The income tax department issues this document (Pan Card) to every individual who applies for it. It helps in keeping a check over people as it links and connects all the transactions of financial nature done by the pan card holder. And ultimately helps in preventing tax evasion by the people. Now we hope you have understood that how important this document is for an individual or entities. Thus, whenever you are applying for a pan card you should be extra careful and attentive while filling and entering all the details and information so that, you will get your pan card with proper and correct details.
But many times there is a need for correction in the pan card because of some wrong or faulty details. So, today we are going to tell you all about how to correct pan card mistakes. For knowing more just scroll down! And give below a through read.
Before we start telling you the steps or procedure, let us provide you with a list of some of the most common and genuine mistakes for which you might have to apply for the correction process. Given below are some of the mistakes you can see and avoid if you are going to apply for a pan card.
PAN Card Mistakes that You Can Avoid
So here are those mistakes, read and prevent doing them while entering the information or details in the form for pan card.
- You might do mistake in the name of Applicant
- Mistake in the Father’s name of Applicant
- Filling wrong or incorrect Date of Birth
- Mistake such as: Blurred/unclear photograph
- Signatures can be wrong or unclear
- Fault or error in PAN or misprinting of the number
These were some of the common mistakes you can learn and surely avoid while filling for your pan card.
Now we will know about the ways or method through which you will be able to correct your faulty pan card.
How to Correct PAN Card Mistakes
Doubling checking your work is always a good thing and prevents occurring of many mistakes. Therefore, it is good if you double check your details prior to the final submission. But by chance if you have filled any wrong information by mistake, you can surely correct it.
The ways and procedure for making changes in the existing pan card details can be done through these two different ways: NSDL and UTIITSL. Methods of correcting PAN Card mistakes are as follows:
Procedure to Correct PAN Card Mistakes for Applying through NSDL
- First go and open the link given below: >> https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
Now Click on “Online Application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)”.
- Now after clicking on the above you will see a new page on your home screen.
- After doing this, you are required to select the suitable type and scroll down the page.
- Now click on the “Select” button.
- Once you clicked on the “Select”, a new form will appear on your screen having “Request For New PAN Card Or/And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data” as its heading.
Now on this page make all the necessary changes and enter the details in the application carefully.
Now after filling all the fields in the application, click on “Submit” option.
Note: After following all the above steps, you will be able to correct PAN Card details. But you will have to pay some minimal amount of Rs.105 (for Indian citizens) for the correction. Whereas, the non-Indian citizen, they will have to pay amount of Rs.971 for the same. Individual applying for the correction can pay their respective amount either through online mode or offline mode.
- Once you are done with the payment process, you will receive an acknowledgement. You can download it for future use. This acknowledgement will consist of important information including a 15-digit acknowledgment number, PAN, the name of the applicant, applicant’s category, father’s name of the applicant, address, identity proof, and signature.
- And after receiving the acknowledgment you can send it to the address given in the post along with the relevant documents:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot no. 341, Survey no. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
Procedure to Correct PAN Card Mistakes For Applying through UTIITSL
In case you are submitting your Pan Card application through UTIITSL and want to make changes in your details, you would require to follow the steps explained below:
- You will have to visit the official website of UTIITSL >> https://www.utiitsl.com/UTIITSL_SITE/
- After you are done with the payment procedures or steps and after receiving the application, all the details on your PAN card will be updated soon.
You will have to follow all the steps mentioned above very carefully. And after following them you will be able to make correction in your existing pan card.
For any feedback or message you can leave a comment below or can directly connect with us anytime you want to.