Online Dating is a huge industry which has a very big market. Millions of Americans use a number of dating sites to find a partner for hangout or some even finding their life partner on these sort of sites. All you need to do is to look for a site and fill your particulars for sign up and buy a subscription of the site and you are ready to rock. It is quite easy and simple, but the main thing that causes trouble to a lot of peoples is closing an account and stopping a subscription. So if you want to quit online dating and are looking for the easiest way available, here is our guide to easily cancelling your eHarmony account.
eHarmony is an online dating website launched back in August,2000. eHarmony is the recipient of Dating Sites Reviews Editor’s Top Pick Match System Award for the last couple of years. In 2017, eHarmony had about 750,000 paid subscribers and 10 million active users. The site is easy to use and operate and offers a pretty decent service. The only thing that stings is getting out of the site. You will always find difficulties in cancelling a subscription or deleting an account.
Taming Subscription based Online Dating Websites
If you are looking to get into the online dating sites, there are a few ways which will put you in the driver seat of you online dating. These won’t help you cancel your account right now, but will definitely help you before you open your next one. So, before signing up on any online dating site of any kind, follow these tips:
- Get a pre-paid credit card and use that for the payment. Load the card with the subscription fee for the period and leave the card at that.
- Try using a gift card to pay for your subscription. Many websites accept them as a payment method.
- Pay the subscription fee for the period you wish to use the site for and complete the process and then cancel your eHarmony account. You will remain a full time member for the period you have paid for and it won’t auto renew.
- Set a reminder on your phone, computer, or anywhere you wish to; for 28 days before the renewal of the subscription. In case of eHarmony, set it for 14 days as that being the current renewal period. Then cancel it there and then.
Cancel your eHarmony subscription
The account cancelling is pretty easy on eHarmony as compared to the other dating sites available on the internet. You can do this by following these steps:
- Log in to your eHarmony account.
- Go to My Settings and then Account Settings.
- Click on ‘Cancel My Subscription’ at the bottom of the page and complete the process.
This cancels the auto renewal of the subscription of your eHarmony account and you get to use all the elements of the site for the time period you have paid for.
Closing Your eHarmony account
As your subscription goes out, you will get the option to close your eHarmony account and to delete your data.
- Log in to your eHarmony account.
- Go to My Settings and then select Account Settings.
- Click on ‘Close Account’ and complete the process.
- You have to send an email to email@example.com , requesting the site to delete your data.
It takes around 10 days, from the day of sending the email, for your data to be completely deleted from the website and you will be completely off-grid as far as eHarmony is concerned.
Hope the above the article will be helpful for you. If you think that we should make some in the post then do let us know in the comments. If you face any problem then also let us know in the comments. For more useful articles like this visit www.worldtopupdates.com regularly. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter.