Natural And Colourful Lip Balm Recipes For Kids
Kids usually have a knack for bright and colourful things. All shiny and glossy objects catch their eyes. It’s no surprise to find your kids aiming for your lip balm stick on your dressing table, rolling it over their lips and many a time, even licking it. The conventional lip balms can be dangerous for a child and can cause harmful side effects. Follow these homemade lip balm recipes to make your own flavours.
The marketed lip balms in spite of their claim of being pure and natural, however, are usually full of petroleum jelly and other chemicals, making them unsafe for a child’s use. But whenever you reach for your favourite stick of lip balm, you can find your daughter waiting for a share in it! The best way to deal with this situation is to come up with your own homemade kid’s lip balm recipes.
Making lip balm is actually fun. The best part is that you can use it too along with your kids. Our lips suffer a great deal in summers and winters as they have a thin skin and are usually the most exposed areas of our body. Lip balms are applied to keep our lips moisturized. These homemade lip balms are devoid of any chemicals, additives or synthetic ingredients.
Organic lip balms are beneficial as they often contain antioxidants and vitamins that help to heal dry lips and the butter and coconut oil soften and smooth the lips and the skin around our mouths. Beeswax that is used in natural lip balms protect the skin from the harsh rays of the sun and act as a natural sun guard moisturizer and is anti-bacterial.
Honey helps to hold the water molecules together. These natural cosmetics are even eco-friendly and there goes our service to planet Earth as well as it provides effectively for natural lip care.
How to prepare homemade lip balm recipes for kids:
Here are few homemade recipes for kids lip balm. These are 100% natural and are easy to make. With a tint of bright colours and lip-smacking fruity flavours, they are the perfect kid’s care products.
The best thing about organic lip balms is that you are well aware of the ingredients that constitute your balm and can replace the ingredients according to your needs or choice. You can even infuse them with natural medicinal herbs for chapped and dry lips and create herbal lip glosses.
- Strawberry Sundae: 20 drops of strawberry flavour and 3 drops of vanilla extract.
- Mango Mania: 15 drops of mango flavour.
- Pure Pineapple: 15 to 20 drops of pineapple flavour.
- Orange Blast: 15 drops of orange flavor.
- Choco-Berry: 5 drops of milk chocolate flavour and 20 drops of red cherry flavour.
ALSO READ: WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING?
You can even make your own flavour combinations
- 1 tablespoon of shea or cocoa butter.
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba or olive oil.
- 1/4th teaspoon of Vitamin E.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- 1 teaspoon of castor oil.
- Flavors of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of organic beeswax pastilles.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Natural colour agents (optional) to enhance the colour.
- Take a pan over a hot water bath or a double boiler and combine the butter, beeswax pastilles coconut oil and honey. Keep them in the heat until they fully melt. Stir well to mix.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add jojoba or olive oil, castor oil, Vitamin E, flavours and colour agents (if used). Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or tins. Let it cool down and harden before use. Store it in a cool place.
Kids would love these cool organic lip balms. You can also make these funkier by adding a few sprinkles on top after pouring the mixture into tubes or tins and then allowing it to cool.
ALSO READ: HOW TO DEAL CHILD TEMPER TANTRUMS EASILY