Do you need a graduation gift or something special for your wedding anniversary present? Whatever the occasion is, giving a plant a tree gift kit to your loved ones is among the best present you can make.
The world is facing many environmental challenges nowadays due to climate change and global warming. Scientists attributed these issues to air pollution and the denudation of millions of acres of forests worldwide. To save planet Earth from the catastrophic effects of climate change, all people around the world should cooperate in reducing air pollution and planting trees.
Top Benefits of Trees
By giving a tree as a gift, you are playing an essential role in helping combat global warming. Trees absorb greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and turn them into oxygen. They also help prevent flooding during heavy rains. Here are other benefits and advantages of trees in the environment:
- Trees help improve people’s health and quality of life. According to studies, vegetation in urban areas keeps normal heartbeats, stimulates brain wave patterns, and reduces blood pressure.
- Urban trees help improve compliance with national and local governments’ clean air laws.
- Green urban landscaping that includes trees reduces crime rates.
- Inspiring views of the natural environment at home, including trees, help students to perform better during examinations.
- Trees in your backyard can help reduce your energy bills as they are natural air conditioners. Based on studies, a single tree can generate the cooling effect of 10 room-size air conditioners running for 20 hours per day. This effect can lower your air-conditioning bills by 20-50%.
- During winter or cold days, tree windbreaks in your neighborhood could cut your home heating costs by 10-15%.
- In urban areas, trees help prevent flooding by limiting stormwater runoff. They also help reduce the local government’s stormwater management expenses.
- You can sell your home at a higher price quickly if it has beautiful landscaping like ornamental plants and trees. If your streets are lined with trees, the prices of homes in your neighborhood can increase by 25% compared to communities without trees.
- Trees serve as a screen to unsightly views and help temper the crude outline of masonry, asphalt, steel, and glass in roads and buildings.
- Trees in playgrounds and parks provide a soothing and calming effect and allow people to relax and de-stress.
- Promotes healthy living among people in communities as they will love to do activities like walking and jogging around the neighborhood.
- Trees can lower noise pollution in urban areas by up to 40% as they help absorb and obstruct the travel of sound waves.
- Many species of birds, animals, and insects live in trees. By giving a plant a tree gift kit to your loved ones, you will also be creating habitats for these lovely creatures.
- Trees provide nutritious food to people by bearing fruits. They also help prevent soil erosion and landslides.
- Planting trees in denuded forests can help ensure that future generations will have a fantastic place to live.
Planet Earth is experiencing the adverse effects of climate change and global warming. By taking beneficial actions like supporting reforestation efforts and planting trees, you are contributing a lot towards a healthier environment.